Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!

It has been a different, busy and enjoyable holiday season. I'm glad to get back into routines and clear away the dust and debris.

We have company for dinner and devotions this evening. We love to have company and all are pitching in to get the downstairs ready to make our guests comfortable. We plan to not do much schoolwork this week at all so that I can work on routines and lesson planning.

In the past, I have taken Most of January off of school to totally dejunk and get the house ship-shape. It is wonderful to make a fresh start and January is usually a month that we easily get the blahs. This year, though, we have a more rigorous school schedule, so we are just going to try to stretch out the extra house work over a longer period of time.



I have been enjoying the poems of Christina Rossetti these past few months. Here is another that struck me.

THE LOWEST PLACE.


Give me the lowest place: not that I dare
Ask for that lowest place, but Thou hast died
That I might live and share
Thy glory by Thy side.

Give me the lowest place: or if for me
That lowest place too high, make one more low
Where I may sit and see
My God and love Thee so.


Focus for today: Laundry (especially catching up on ironing), Get the downstairs spiffy, Do our weekly chore cards.

What's for dinner: Red beans & Rice, Salad, Homemade applesauce and carrot cake

Today I'm thankful for: New beginnings. My husband who so diligently got up this morning and started back to work. My grown sons who bless me with their wisdom and servant hearts. My younger two who show me Christ (one way or the other) every day and who pray alongside me. My family and church family see the above reason.

Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 1-4, Psalm 119:1,2

No comments: