Friday, June 05, 2009

Some thoughts...

I've started water aerobics with my Mom...I feel like my skin is absorbing all of that chlorine! Yuck! I am really tired and sore but am enjoying it.

Over at Quiet Life, Donna is asking for warm weather meal ideas. Here is a favorite:
Oriental Crunch Salad
Saute in a 1/4 cup of oil:
2 pkgs of chicken flavored ramen noodles, crunched up
1 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
Until brown. Sprinkle the seasoning packets from the Ramen noodles over. Set aside to cool.
Cook
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbs. vinegar
2 Tbs. soy sauce
in a sauce pan over med.-high heat until the sugar is dissolved. Whisk well and set in refrigerator until cooled.
Shred one head of cabbage and two carrots and put in a bowl. (My friend Myra just buys cole slaw mix in a bag and our own family likes about a half of head of cabbage and mixed greens as well.)
Serve dressing and "crunchies" along with the salad (the crunchies will get soggy if you have mixed them all together and have leftovers).
For a summer meal, we often add a rotisserie roast chicken sliced to the salad, or just some grilled chicken from the bbq.

Yum!

I just found this really cute blog of decorated cookies. Great ideas there!

One of my favorite blogs that comes up in my reader every day is One Pretty Thing, check it out.

I've been inspired today for a bridal shower cake I'm making...I can't wait to get started on it!

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: