Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm trying to see my life as art... it's hard for this unimaginative soul. I miss too much joy, trying so hard to "do the next thing".

I know that my thinking- my heart is something that I constantly have to stop and realign. I can get very caught up in getting our chores done, our math and spelling done... even that Bible lesson - lesson 65 comes after 64 which comes after 63... And then my children are nothing but cooperators or annoyances - when they are not cooperating.

It is very easy to frame such thinking and living in righteous sounding terms. I am my husband's helpmeet and it is helpful to him if I keep the house clean and educate our children. I'm helping him in his calling...

But looking under it all, those are the good things that often take priority over the best. Those things are definitely important... doesn't that go without saying?

I've been forgetting the first G of the three G's of education*. I'm forgetting WHO GOD IS! What has that got to do with not appreciating my kids for who they are? EVERYTHING! We need to stop together and remember who God is and in that we remember who we are. Then everything is a precious gift!

Then I see my life as art! I see the beauty before the dust, I see the joy before the character flaws. I see His loving benevolence to me in my husband and children, in what we learn, in what we have and even in what I do.

Heavenly Father, help me to remember who you are, what you hve done and then what you require of me. Thank you for constantly renewing my mind and heart in Christ Jesus. AMEN


The three G's - Who God is. What He has done. What He requires of us. From When You Rise Up; A Covenant Approach to Homeschooling by R.C. Sproul Jr.

No comments: