Monday, February 23, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY Monday, February 23, 2009...


Outside my window...The sun is blazing and the wind is blowing so that my screen rattles in it’s frame. I see little sticks on the ground that we will have to gather up to add to the “stick pile”. I see a board the children left on the ground after playing some sort of make-believe game.



I am thinking...that the sunshine feels good on my neck as it shines on me.



I am thankful for...the news that I will be a Grandmother late in the year.



From the learning rooms...a tour of Europe and a look at the Church in the year 1000 before we head into the Norman Invasion next week. I love my Truthquest!



From the kitchen...Whole Wheat Cinnamon-Raisin bread rising & yellow split pea & sausage soup for lunch.



I am wearing... blue jeans and a bright pink blouse with ruffles, socks and my ancient black slides.



I am creating...still working on that quilt for Crista, must finish it!!!



I am going...nowhere outside of my domain today except to pick up hubby from work.





I am hoping...to get the house ready for company tonight.



I am hearing...Isaac putting away dishes and singing and Shayna working on memory verses.
Around the house...typical Monday things, cleaning up after Sunday, backlog of laundry, just trying to get things ship-shape for the week. On top of that, a visitor or three for dinner expected.



One of my favorite things...my transferware bowls (Friendly Village), for our morning oatmeal.



A few plans for the rest of the week: Getting on a new schedule, back to early rising and a new thing-breakfast & devotions with Papa before he is off to work.



On Friday & Saturday I’m going to the quiltshow. I’m so looking forward to it (have been all year)!



Here is picture thought I am sharing... My favorite from last year’s show:



Thanks again to Peggy at Simple Woman for the DayBook project.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the grandbaby! I'm sure Mama's going to turn a very pretty shade of green when she hears. <3